We're in love with this island... do we ever need to come home? :-)
We continue to be lucky with the weather. It was sunny all day today, which was lucky because Andrea and I want on an strenuous 8 mile hike along the Na Pali Coast.

Andrea took care of Isabella for the morning and let mom and dad go off to a 7:30 yoga class at Hanalei Yoga. What a great way to start the morning on Kauai...but it gets better!

After class we found Java Kai... a terrific place for coffee and breakfast. I had to try to Belgian Waffle with papaya and banana. Yummy!

Of corse we find farmer's markets wherever we go. This one was beautiful. There was so much fun local fruits, flowers, vegetables. We are going to eat well here :-)

One of the interesting things about this island is there are wild Roosters all over. They like to wake us up with their morning calls... oh about 4:30 am... Yawn!

On our way to the Na Pali coast there are a couple of amazing caves. They were mysteriously formed during the lava flow that established the island

Andrea and I took on the famous Kalalua Trail... we just did the first 4 miles to get to get to Hanakapiai Falls. Our legs were pretty tired after the 8 miles.

The hiking couldn't be more beautiful... the trail was cut out of the mountain along the coast. It was quite wet and many places were really rugged

We got views of beautiful secluded beaches... just like what you'd imagine Hawaii to be like

I remember doing this hike with my parents when I was young. My most vivid memory was a sign that told hikers that in case of a tidal wave they needed to get up to the level of this sign. I was so blown away because we were so far above the ocean. You get a little sense of it by seeing how far down and back the ocean is

We had to cross the river from the Hanakapiai Falls in order to get to a beautiful beach






No comments:
Post a Comment