Thursday, August 7, 2008

Successful surgery

Yesterday I had the surgery we've been fearing and the outcome is mostly good. They were looking for a mass that suddenly showed up on a routine x-ray last month. The good news is there is no mass, it was part of my Fallopian tube they saw. They were also worried about a cyst they saw and that was gone so I'm all in the clear. However as always when I have surgery drama is part of the day. Last time in December when I had a cyst taken out, one of my test result came out strange and it took hours before they could clear me to go ahead with surgery. This time the air conditioner broke down and the surgery room has to be pretty cold to be worked in so I had to wait 2,5 hours before I was rolled in. O.k 2,5 hours might not seem like a lot but is when you have not eaten for 12 hours before. Boy was I hungry when I woke up but I also was in bad pain.

I did have a hard night and feel pretty sore in my stomach but feel overall better today. My good friend Michele is coming down to give me acupuncture to help me heal.

No comments: