Sunday, October 31, 2010

Boo! Happy Halloween

At age 4... Isabella really gets Halloween this year. She changed her mind several times on what she wanted to dress up as (after we had already bought her penguin costume :-).

At 11am this morning, Isabella started asking about when it was time to get Trick-Or-Treating... it didn't let up for another 6 hours.

Finally at 2 she opened the front door and sat there.
I asked her "What are you doing? Are you inside?"
Isabella answered, "Yes, I'm just sitting here waiting for Trick-Or-Treaters to come"
Daddy: "Bella they are not going to come for quiet a while"
Isabella: "That's OK daddy"

And so went the afternoon. But that excitement translated into a magical evening (despite her getting diagnosed with Strep Throat the day before... nothing could hold her back!).

Earlier at the pumpkin patch... say cheese

Mom.. can we bring this one home??? Please, please, please!

OK... now it is finally time to get dressed. Mom has safely pins ready to go... I think this costume is appropriate for ages 4,5,6 & 7 :-)

Dad and Bella out knocking on doors... We are the penguins from the movie "Happy Feet"... I am Memphis and Bella is Mambo. If you haven't see the movie, don't miss it (doesn't matter your age)

We met up with Sofie to go around the neighborhood.

Homeward... time to give out candy at our house!

For Bella... giving out candy was every bit as fun as going around the neighborhood. She decided to take her penguin costume off and put on a princess outfit to give out candy.

The front of our house... after Isabella gave out candy for a while, another neighborhood friend came by and Isabella went out again... for another hour around the neighborhood :-) Its just more fun with a buddy.

On Friday, Isabella wasn't feeling well (we discovered it was strep throat on Saturday). At work on Friday, my team spent considerable effort turing our combined offices into a haunted house. It turned out pretty amazing. Since I was in charge of bringing several things Friday morning, I brought Bella in with me. She LOVED helping out with putting together our haunted house. When I was trying to get her to go home, she found rubber ducks in the fountain at work.. one of the admins always does this and keeps them clean... because the kids LOVE IT

We all dressed the part and Friday afternoon we had a SPOOKY haunted house that was the talk of the campus. From 2-4 on Friday we had at least 350 people come by. What fun :-)


No comments: