Saturday, October 3, 2009

Karl and Jessica Arrive from Sweden!

OK... so we're a couple weeks over due for this posting! Karl and Jessica... Fredrica's family from Sweden came to stay with us for a couple of weeks. This was a big trip for them... their first time to America.

I think the four of us had about as much fun as I could have imagined. I was a bit worried because they decided not to rent a car... everyone has a car in California! But they did amazingly well. You can get around by trolly and bus (and the occasional taxi) far easier than I ever realized.

Karl and Jessica Möller

So... first morning of your first visit to America: what is at the top of the list? Brunch of course. Our favorite place is The Naked Cafe. They catered our 80th birthday party a few months back. They loved the food!

Next it was time to let Bella run around a bit. We went over to Mission Bay and let Bella run, swing and play. Mission Bay is just perfect in September. The weather is still like summer, but things are more mellow with kids back in school and fewer tourists in San Diego

Back home to relax a bit and let Bella rest. She had to show off the vegetable garden and how she helps to the watering.

Dinner... time for more food. It must be Gordon Biersch our favorite local brewery and restaurant. If you're wondering why this was such a clear choice you have to understand that Bev Mo was on Karl's must visit list on he first day :-)

Day 2: Time to take them to something they simply won't find in Sweden (or much outside Southern California for that matter). We had a dog surfing competition. Dogs surfing... you betcha.

I wish I had a video... these dogs sometimes take amazingly long rides

My colleague from work, Michael Uy, competed on in the competition. He got 2nd place!

We relaxes Sunday afternoon... among other things we watch Isabella dance to ABBA

Karl and Jessica brought some wonderful cloths for Isabella. The kids cloths in Sweden are so unique and beautiful.

Karl

Jessica



No comments: