Sunday, October 18, 2009

Go Chargers

We're about a month into the NFL football season. Since having Isabella... in the past three years... I think I've only been to one game. But this season... I've been to the both of the first two home games!

Part of the motivation was Karl and Jessica's visit... Yes Karl is a huge American football fan (unusual in Sweden). His visit was during our home opener this year... so we had to get tickets!

Karl got a Chargers jersey while he was here... motivated me to get one two :-). While we lost the home opener, he had an opportunity to win in the last 12 seconds. It was an incredibly exciting game and a ton of fun to go with such avid football fans.

Charger fans! Me, Karl and Jessica (Karl's wife Jessica came to the game too... but we didn't get her in this picture)

I'm ready to try out for the Chargers... but didn't make the cut :-)
A big part of the culture of game day happens in the parking lot before the game... people bring elaborate barbeque setups... this blow up was next to one of them.

During the pre-game show the military brought out a flag the shape of the country to sing the National Anthem

Here come the chargers!

Miramar Airforce base (Top Gun) flew some F-18s over to start the game!

If you look closely... you'll see the Ikea just beyond the parking lot (had to take this shot for the Swedes :-)

#1 Charger Fan!

I'll post about my 40th birthday this week... part of my birthday is a Monday night football celebration tomorrow night watching the Chargers. It will be their toughest game yet this season!


No comments: