Sunday, September 18, 2011

Apple Picking in Julian

I have to say Facebook does occasionally make for some nice serendipitous connections.  A couple of years ago I connected with Heather Hasselman, a friend I grew up with, at our 20 year high school reunion. We became friends on Facebook.

A few weeks ago she invited her friends to go Apple picking in Julian.  We thought the kids would love it so we accepted.  This morning we drove up and had a wonderful day picking pears and apples... and it was sure nice to see an old friend.     

Heather with me and the kids

Pears... ready for the picking

... and Apples.  Rows and Rows of Apple trees

Beautiful ripe Apples just sitting on the on ground

You couldn't resist just digging in and eating while you there

Another type of beautiful pear

Isabella was proud of her bag... although admittedly Mom did most of the picking

Dad had to go back a give Noah a bottle... so Fredrica ended up carry about 50 pounds of Apples back to the car with Bella :-)

No comments: