Monday, August 24, 2009

oral surgery gives time to reflect

So yes we've been out of the blogging world because I had oral surgery last week. I had to remove one of my implants I put in a couple of years ago and because of the damage it had done I also needed a skin graft. Not very fun and all I can say is it was hell putting them in and it was worse taking it out. The good news is I feel much better the bad news is I still can eat very much and according the notes they gave it will be like that up to two weeks!!! I will super skinny in two weeks if I keep this up. People know I'm not crazy about taking pain medication but should know if I need them I will take them but I don't like how they make me feel all dizzy and loopy. I only felt I needed to take two in the hours after the surgery and I do believe that's why I bounced back so quickly. 

 Today I did go to a friends  yoga class and it felt so good even if I could not do some of the poses. In the afternoon I've been enjoying reading in the garden and checking out my garden. It's growing like Isabella. Isabella loves our vegetable garden and was so excited when she saw that the cantaloupe plant is flowering. Usually I plant corn from seeds but this year it did not work out so instead I planted plants and they are now growing big. It's sure something special sitting here with my computer writing about the vegetables and fruit that's growing in front of me. 
Corn growing tall

Cantaloupe flowers promising  lots of fruit

The vegetable garden James built me next to the green house which is too hot to use right now


No comments: