Tuesday, January 20, 2009

An Historic Day



I imagine this is no surprised to anyone, today was inauguration day in the US. I had to work so I setup the machines to record everything... figuring I'd be up half the night watching what I missed. Fredrica and I were big Obama supporters from the beginning.

Much to my amazement when I got to work they had setup the whole cafe with seats and balloons. There was coffee and free breakfast. About 300 Intuit employees came in to watch Obama's speech. It was really am amazing moment to get in a large group really captured by being together for this historic event.

I asked a colleague who had been at Intuit since the early days whether anything like this had ever happened at work (Intuit has been around for 25 years so that is about 5 inaugurations). This was a first.

Just a small part of the group watching... I got a seat in the front row!

I suppose had I been paying attention I would have seen this in the elevators at work :-)

A picture from my front row seat!


Fredrica
also had an interesting story. She was really dissapointed to have had an acupuncture appointment during Obama's speech. When she arrived, there was Jackie with a tear in her eye watching the events unfold. Fredrica sat down next to each other and together they watched his speech.



I feel these pictures capture some of the impact of the day on people.

No comments: