Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Health Issues
There has been extremely many things going on in our lives in the past weeks. We're planning for our 3 week trip to Sweden and it has end being some challenges finding accommodation for part of the trip when we travel. I've been working more since many of the teachers are traveling. James is super busy at work, we've been painting our house or still is actually and then on top of that I have been dealing with health issues. Two weeks ago I had a routine x-ray when they found a suspicious spot in my uterus. So I had to have a body scan as well as a blood test to see if this was cancer. It took a week before I got the test results back so believe me it was a rough wait. My mom died from ovarian cancer just after her 55th birth day so I knew I was in the risk zone. Anyway it was not cancer but it's a tumour, a fibroid. Good news but not so good since fibroid are hard to get ride of and the only way to battle them is hysterectomy or menopause and I'm no candidate for either of them. I will try to take a holistic approach to it and see what I can do and next week I will meet with my doctor so he can explain more. Until then I'm on a strict diet; no caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate!!!!), low fat food, no meat or dairy and I need to eat organic, high fiber food. The diet I can live with and pretty much already did but the the coffee and chocolate is way harder pill to swallow. It feel just heavy right now dealing with this but as always I figure things out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment