Thursday, May 15, 2008
Making a small difference in big class
Two weeks ago I went to Palomar College and gave a speech and taught a yoga class to a Psychology class of 40 students. The professor is a student of mine asked if I could do it and without giving it a second though I said yes. Then I got super nervous since teaching young people with no experience and maybe not even wanting the experience of yoga. I know I had to come up with some great examples of famous people doing yoga so research and found Barry Bond, Venus Williams and other great athletes doing yoga so then I had their attention. We then practice some actual poses and boy did they sweat and had a hard time holding the poses. Afterward I gave them a long savasana and they were so still and matter a fact someone walk in to the room and left after seeing all these people laying in corps posture on the floor and slammed the door. No one even raised an eye brow. (Picture is coming) I loved it had such great time and hope for more of these opportunities.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment