Friday, April 27, 2007

Blueberries and our vegetable garden


We truly enjoy our garden and our vegetable garden is growing fast now in the nice weather.
Right now we're growing; swiss chard, zucchini, a variety of tomatoes, spinach, strawberries, purple beans, cucumber, artichoke, eggplant, yellow peppers, wheat grass. Here is a picture of our Swiss Chard (click it to enlarge)...


Believe it or not... we are also growing blueberries. I grew up with blueberries growing outside my house in the forrest and never as plants and I didn't even know you could grow them until me and my friend Michele went to the nursery and found blueberry plants.
Evidently you have to have two different kinds together and so we both bought them. This morning I found all these blueberries laying on the deck so we picked a handful of them and they taste so sweet and juicy you would not belive it.

Most importantly... mmmm. they are sweet!













No comments: